The houses along (what was to become) Palace Place were originally built in the 17th Century over the Tatchbrook, one of the many streams that used to flow out to join the River Thames, and the properties were used for residential and commercial purposes over the 18th and 19th Centuries.
Most recently, the 3 properties of 11 – 13 Palace Place were purchased in 1938 by the WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts).
11 Palace Place became the ‘World Bureau’ for the Girl Guides, and 12 – 13 formed London’s first ‘World Centre’ – a safe place for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts from around the world to come and stay.
Until today, 11 Palace Place has been the ‘World Bureau’ for the Girl Guides. And in 2015, working with the Girl Guides, we turned part of this building into The Nadler Victoria, 10 Palace Place.